X

Broke Bolt!!! Need some help.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke Bolt!!! Need some help.

I was doing my 6 month torquing of all the nuts and bolts recommended in the shop manual and I broke a bolt off...guess I had the torque off. Anyway, its the bolt that holds the rear brake pedal on. Its hard to explain it, but if you look in a shop manual, it will be on the torque page towards the front. Its a small bolt with a really low torque and its right where the end of the brake pedal shaft comes togethet. I'm working on getting a pic. up, but haven't gotten my camera yet...hopefully somebody will know what I'm talking about. I just need a little advice on how to get the rest of the original bolt out and get a new bolt from somewhere.
    ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

I'm guessing you are talking about bolt #17 on this Parts Fiche.

If so, then the answer depends on where it broke.
    If it broke flush with the head of the bolt, and nothing is sticking up, but both halves of the lever are still bonded to each other (tight on the shaft), then you need a screw extractor. Follow the directions on the extractor (drill a pilot hole in the bolt, stick in the extractor, turn the remaining bolt out).
    If any of it is sticking beyond the lever's edge (top or bottom), you can cut a slot in the bolt with a dremel or hacksaw, and use a large flathead screwdriver to turn it out.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, its definately #17. Thanks for the help.
      ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

Comment

Working...
      X