X

Another Idling problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Idling problem

Alright guys, The other day I managed to get my idle screw loose and was able to turn it. I took it for a 20 minute ride and came back to my house to set the idle correctly. The service manual said around 1300 so that's where I set it. I went for a 5 minute ride around the neighborhood stopping at stop signs for about 10 secs to see how it was idling. 90 percent of the time it would stick at 2k rpms. So I headed back to the house and lowered it a tad and it dropped severely. Anyway I did this multiple times trying to get the right idle. When I would first set it, it would be fine, however after I took off and came back to a stop it would stick anywhere between 2k-2.5k rpms. I know this could potentially be a lot of things but you guys give good incite. Any ideas?

P.S. Before I ever touched the idle it was at 900 rpms. Didn't have any problems then but I knew that it should be higher.

lean condition most likely. make sure there are no vacuum leaks. vent hose or drain hose on airbox need to be connected. drain hose needs to be plugged. air filter needs to be OEM.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I had your exact issue. It was a simple vacuum leak, in my case the airbox drain hose was missing so I just stuck a bolt in there.

Comment

Thanks Kat toy and Eddie93. Ill check for that vacuum leak.

Comment

Working...
        X