X

carb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb

Ok, have been trying to work on this bike and my Fil has been helping me, I need a little help explaing to him why I tell him to do certain things, he is good at older bikes but he is scaring me on mine. Let's start with the problem it will start and idle sorta the choke has to stay out a little to stay running. I have checked for vaccuum leaks but found nothing. Have pulled the carbs and did a general cleaning since it was out anyway, nothng serious. Well put them back on and he will not put the airbox on while he tries to set the carbs. He cannot find the af screws because I haven't told him where they are. Well now he thinks it is the ignitin timing and I don't. I don't know how to explain to him why we need the air box on there, I am sure it will not run rght without. Please help me explain to him why things need to be done this way.

I think your both approching it wrong...

Pull the carbs. Fully disassemble and clean them with a carb dip/soak.

Then set the a/f screws to 2.5 (if those didn't come out, you didn't clean anything).

Put the airbox back on, check for vacuum leaks, sync the carbs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X