X

Can't find an ignition advance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find an ignition advance

I want to install a +5 ignition advance but am having trouble finding a brand and part # for my 2005 kat. Any suggestons would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I believe both FactoryPro and Vance&Hines make them for the kats.
    Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

I thought so too...I've lokked online at both sites and I have found nothing yet

Comment

yea, their sites aren't the greatest. you have to find them elsewhere. I'll check around and get back to ya.
        Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

Call Ivan at www.ivansperformance.com he can send you one for $45 plus shipping.

Comment

doesn't Special K have some or did all of them go to BRAADA JIM? Pm them and they should have one or know when they will get more
            An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

I've been trying to find one too for the last month or so, and here are my notes:

- Special K is getting out of the parts business, so he transferred all of his stuff to Braada Jim.

- None of the parts that were transferred were ignition advancers, so I don't believe Special K nor Braada Jim have any.

- Vance & Hines actually stopped making ignition advancers, so their brand of I.A.'s are dwindling out of supply.

- I believe Factory Pro still makes them, but their website doesn't list them, so you'll have to find them from another party.

From reading this thread, I'll probably see if Ivan has any.
              "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I'm having the same problem over the pond in the UK - I can't find one anywhere
                www.gran-torino.com
                www.nikkirous.com

Comment

Why don't you guys do it yourself?
                  same effect no money involved just a tiny little bit more work...

Comment

found one

Hey guys...I found one for a 600, Ivan has them for $45.00 plus shipping. I ordered one today. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                      Why don't you guys do it yourself?
                      same effect no money involved just a tiny little bit more work...

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4328

Originally posted by Special K
                      Yes..............but's its not a very accurate way to go about it. Its pretty much a crude method, and it requires a lot of trial & error. You have to have the ability to HEAR the engine really well, and know when its too far turned, etc. Also, cna you accurately measure ONE or TWO degrees?

Honestly, its not worth taking the cover off & one a few times to try that method when the darn part is only $40-$50 delivered!
                      "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

try starcycle.com

Comment

Originally posted by paulos
                          I'm having the same problem over the pond in the UK - I can't find one anywhere
                          Please double-check your year/model and it's original market. For the 98+ Kat models, I know the European market versions (including the UK and all of the continent other than Austria & Switzerland) already have 10 degree advance from the factory (vs. the 4 degree advance stock on the 98+ Kats in the North American market). This would make this upgrade undesirable for you.

PS - for everyone else: try your local dealer through the PartsUnlimited catalog.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                          X