X

water in engine while transporting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in engine while transporting

alright .. so when this kid brought me my bike he had all the fairings off and the carb and airbox off.... well being in central florida... it downpoured on his way over here... he put a shirt over the engine air intakes but water ran into it anyway ... i let it dry for 2-3 days but now i see minor rust where the water evaporated.. am i in trouble or can i just take a rag and clean that rust off and rebuild her?

Last edited by therian12; 06-10-2012, 07:55 AM.

Where do you see rust in the engine exactly??

Comment

You don't have anything to worry about. I'd spray a little bit of lube in there just to help stop the rust for now and forget about it.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i posted a pic its right inside the engine where the carb pushes the air and fuel into it

thanks krey your always a big help

will wd 40 work?
        Last edited by therian12; 06-10-2012, 07:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by therian12 View Post
          will wd 40 work?

I would not use that ... unless your planning on flushing the engine really well to get it out. Just a bit of oil really.

WD40 isn't a lube, it's a water displacement and cleaning solution. It will actually break down lubes like.... motor oil, and can promote rust to occur.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X