X

Rain Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Damage

I recently rode my bike into work and when i rode in it was clear as day but as the day progressed on rain eventually came in and i was unable to get my bike out of the rain so it stayed in the rain for a few hours.

Now in order to get my bike started i gotta use a jump pack and all i have to do is hook up the negative cable to the terminal and it will start up just fine. Also before it got soaked in the rain it was making weird noises in the front sprocket, so my plans where to change out the front and rear sprocket and the chain. Well i took the bike out to see if the noises where still there and they aren't. I didn't even here the noise once.

Anyone know what could be the problems? Should i still replace the sprockets and the chain?

Originally posted by jay_ray_07 View Post

Now in order to get my bike started i gotta use a jump pack and all i have to do is hook up the negative cable to the terminal and it will start up just fine. ...
    if by this you mean your not connecting the positive from the jumpers then your not actually jumping the bike meaning you just have a loose connection

also what kind of "weird noises"
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

like a popping noise. it sounded as if one of the teeth on the front sprocket was messed up

Comment

You might have a link or two on your chain that are binding, mine would make pretty bad noises once my chain started to go. Lube it and it would go away for a few days.
        Kyle

Comment

Just to mention... your bike is an auto designed and built to be used outdoors, and should have no issues with rain, at all....

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

alaska must have "majic rain"

i would say do the chain/sprockets anyways because the rain probably just lubed them for you, and once the water dries you will be worse off then you were (metal rusts faster with drying water).

also clean and tighten your negative terminal. if you hook up a "booster/jumper cable" JUST too the negative and NOT the positive, you are NOT boosting/jumping your bike, you are just making a better connection on the negative than you have. without the "booster" hoocked up, does the bike have power, than when you hit the starter, everything goes dead? if so its a connection problem, not a battery problem
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Working...
            X