X

Footrest Bearing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footrest Bearing

Again I come to the Temple of All Knowing fellow Katanians in search of an answer. In the enclosed picture we have the new and old rear brake side footrest from an 2002 750 Katana. The footrest has three rubber insulated bearings that the attachment bolts to the frame go through. Question is how to insert the bearings? They are very tight, should I try to insert them from the back of the footrest or the front? Also, considering I do not have a bearing press, what would be the safest way to press them in?
    Attached Files

A shop press, that's your only option really. Find a place that has a press and pay them. Things usually work well when you do that.

Comment

I bit the bullet and tried the old use a socket that has the bearing diameter technique and thank goodness it worked. It is hard to find a shop here that will bother with a quick press job, many think they are just setting themselves up for a hassle if something goes wrong. But thanks for the response. Nice to know an experienced tech like yourself is always around for help.

Comment

I tried to get one of those bushings out with the socket and hammer trick once. It didn't even move. I'm really surprised that did it for you. Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
        X