Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about Carb 101

(94 600)

I read in the Carb 101 ..

"* Remove the air lines up top and their T’s.
    (These are for make up air – not needed with a jet kit!)"

now I have a jet kit in mine if I dont take them out will it effect it when running, and if I do take them out do I need to plug it?

and what does he mean by make up air

sorry i would of replyed to the carb 101 but it wouldnt let me.

Originally posted by dnlreiss View Post
    (94 600)

I read in the Carb 101 ..

"* Remove the air lines up top and their T’s.
    (These are for make up air – not needed with a jet kit!)"

now I have a jet kit in mine if I dont take them out will it effect it when running, and if I do take them out do I need to plug it?

and what does he mean by make up air

sorry i would of replyed to the carb 101 but it wouldnt let me.
    Those are vent lines. They have nothing to do with jetting, and don't understand why it mentiones jet kits.

Simply put, for fuel to enter the bowls, the air needs to vent out somewhere. This is where it goes. It's possible to run the carbs with out the lines at all, but having them helps keep fuel from spilling onto the engine if tipped over, and also keeps stuff from being able to drop into the carbs from the Ts.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

oh okay cool thanks. could I also ask one more thing.

Ive been reading different threads and ive been seeing different responses. I have a 115 factory pro jet kit in my 94 600 what should I put my A/F screws at I have them at 3 turns out from stop. but i keep seeing ranges of 1.5 to 4

Comment

anywere from 1/2-3 is usually good for most engines. if you have to go over 3 turnes the pilot jet should be sized up one. i usually go with 1 1/2 to start (or what the manual says first) then adjust from there if needed
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

I just added the pictures to Keith's words, don't ask me
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by dnlreiss View Post
            oh okay cool thanks. could I also ask one more thing.

Ive been reading different threads and ive been seeing different responses. I have a 115 factory pro jet kit in my 94 600 what should I put my A/F screws at I have them at 3 turns out from stop. but i keep seeing ranges of 1.5 to 4

Depends on the setup your bike has.

If you have a full aftermarket system with the 1 up sized main jets, your probably looking at 3 turns out being around right.

OEM setup or only a slip on should start around 2.5 turns.

Original settings were a bit lean, this is why the manual mentiones 1.85 turns or so... epa and slightly lean back when fuel was not mixed with ethanol... now the ethanol makes it run even more lean so ... that's why 2.5 is good now days OEM setup.

Best option though... get the carb a/f adjustment tool and tune them while the bike is running using the drop down method (google search that for many detailed how toos).

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

okay cool ill look into that. just to add it does have a yoshi exhaust on it as well.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X