X

Do you think this sounds like a good buy..........New rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think this sounds like a good buy..........New rider

Hi I'm about to take the MSf course and have been looking for a dependable motorcycle to get started on and take with me to college. I found a 1996 katana 600 with 33,000 miles and no fairings but that is all that is wrong with it. 900$ is the asking price. I was just posting to see if it sounded like a good buy an some advice. Thanks. Also if anyone knows of somewhere online I can order preferably black fairings from that would be awesome. Thanks! I also have pictures if anyone would like to see the bike and give me advice

make sure vin and title issues aren't a problem, then check the forks for leaks, and make sure there is no rust inside the tank. just go read the thread on what to watch for when buying a bike.

sounds to me like this bike will be in an abused state... it may need a lot more work than what you are willing to put in to it. Depending on what the PO has/hasn't done to it. Right off the bat I'd say with no fee's, tittle issues, leaks and a strong running motor I'd buy it. fairings are about 5- 6 hundred, tanks are pretty expensive too... make sure it's a good tank.

load up some pics
    Last edited by il_ragazzo; 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Even with fairings 900 is an average price, so...no...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Even with fairings 900 is an average price, so...no...
        oh i forgot to factor in mileage .... dito that^
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Thanks so much guys sorry I'm a newbie lol. And yea unless this bike is amazing I'm not gonna go for it. Thanks and I'll make sure to go check out that post right now. But would you not even recommend the katana as a first bike? There are a lot of discrepancies on that issue I've seen

Thanks for the save guys
          Last edited by Crosby77; 04-05-2012, 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Katana is a GREAT first bike. Not enough power to kill yourself (Altho don't listen to the kid who did 60 MPH into a tight turn)- But enough to have fun when you get comfortable.

I learned on a Kat 600 and loved it. My buddy learned on a 250 and hated it.

I would not recommend getting a 600 superbike to learn on.Stick to the Kats, SV's, EX500, 650's

Comment

Working...
            X