X

Not again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not again!!

Another carb thread, I know I'm sorry. I am really frustrated right now.

Quick history. Cleaned and changed orings and float needles less the a year ago. Bike ran fine for the summer, went to ride last weekend, gas spilled out. Tried to run it for a day and see if it cleared up, still wasn't running right, suspeced a float issue.

Took apart, found small piece rubber in float needle seat on carb 1, and thought aha, thats it!! Soaked jets overnight anyways. Checked all float needles and seats, still looked perfect. Checked float heights (I am not confident I did it correctly though) and reassembled. Before installing decided to test with carbs on bench. Hooked up to gas tank and carbs one and two poured gas out while on prime. Carb 3 and 4 ok, although when I went to drain them, carb 3 was just about dry.

Questions:

The float height would have to be WAY off before it would allow the carbs to overflow, right?

The o-rings and needles are less then a year old and about 3000 miles on them, they shouldn't need replacing again, correct?

When checking the float height, I can't get the floats large o-ring to seat all the way in so the plastic is flush with the metal. I tried screwing the bowls on and leaving them for about 10 mins, but still no luck. I assume that would mess up the float level, correct?!
    I'm about to buy a bike with EFI!!

Thanks in advance for the help.
    89 Katana 750
    06 Honda CRF250R

Hmmm, everyone is at work or out riding in the beautiful weather!! Hope to get a response before I get home tonight.
    89 Katana 750
    06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

What kinda response are you hoping for? These are cheaper then an FI bike:
      [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190607738338&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX750F Katana 750 89-97[/ame]

Comment

That will be my next step arsenic, but I want to try and figure this damn thing out!

There are 3 questions, have you ever seen float needles go bad in less then a year, could an incorrect float height cause flooding, and does the float need to be all the way flat to the metal at the point where the large o-ring goes into the body.

And I guess my next question is how much for those carbs?!
        (just kidding, I saw how much!)
        89 Katana 750
        06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

1) No, I have not seen a float needle go bad in a year
          2) Yes, a float height could cause flooding
          3) Use Vaseline on the o-ring. It will seat really easy all the way in.
          4) see PM

Comment

Thanks arsenic, #3 was the big help, I was able to get the floats seated all the way and no flooding!

Got them in but no time to sync and test tonight so we'll see if the problem is fixed tomorrow hopefully.
            89 Katana 750
            06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

Working...
            X