X

Another High Idle Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another High Idle Question

Sorry for asking, I see so many post's for this issue but mine is a little different so I thought I'd ask.

When starting 1st time and choke open I get very high RPM's everytime. Like 5-6k RPM. Then, after closing choke for normal running idle is just fine for awhile, but after good and warmed up the RPM's will sometimes stick at 3k for awhile, then during same ride later it may go back to normal. Or, Sometimes it sticks and goes all the way to 4-5k and stay's.

It seem's to get worst the warmer it is. But then again, sometimes it drops back to normal.

01 750 I got with 4600 miles on it 2 Months ago. Now it's at 5200 miles. So it did sit a lot for several years.

When I first got bike the RPM's did fluctuate when handlebar turned left or right. But that was fixed pretty quick with an adjustment at grip.
    Now, turning wheel left/right does not change anything, so it is something else.

Thanks in advance.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

Clean carbs, report back.

Check for intake leaks if the problem isnt solved.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

pull your tank and look at the throttle cables at the carbs, I'd be willing to bet your return cable has come loose from the bracket.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X