bike idles a 5k rpm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    Is it new or is it 24 years old?
    says new its from sci or something like that or there is a rebuild kit here is the link for the new or newish looking one http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-GSX60...item336f69be1c

Comment

That's awesome, that's what you need right there.

Comment

thanks people of the kat community i appreciate the help ill let you know how it goes

Comment

take photos if you can,then you will a guide should you end up with a part or two left over on rebuilding....and to share on here too...lol
          I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            Here's how it happens, I think you've got a decent grasp, but misinformed. If you have free flowing fuel into your carbs, than you have a faulty petcock. But, unless your float needles are not sealing off correctly, it's not going to let fuel into the oil. If you have free flowing fuel AND it's in the oil. You have two problems. A faulty petcock AND bad float needles. In other words, If you have a faulty petcock, fix it, but it's not causing fuel to mix with the oil.
            That fits what I was saying, I just assumed the OP had both problems.

Comment

so i put on the stock air box still had the same problem guess im gonna strip the carbs down and soak the jets anything i need before i proceed gaskets, o rings, seals ??? im pretty sure my floats need adjusting aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Spadesup420 View Post
                so i put on the stock air box still had the same problem guess im gonna strip the carbs down and soak the jets anything i need before i proceed gaskets, o rings, seals ??? im pretty sure my floats need adjusting aswell
                How is the process coming?
                If you haven't already, the O-rings between the boots and the block are a common culprit for vacuum leaks so check those.
                The boots on the fuel Ts between the carbs don't usually come in a gasket kit for carbs but they are worth replacing if you are stripping everything down.

A couple of bucks in O-rings and seals is worth the frustration of repeatedly tearing the carbs down and replacing the 5c O-ring you decided looked fine last week.

If you dipped the carbs, be sure you pulled the pilot screws out too otherwise the oring in there will be a gummy mess.

Comment

Working...
                X