X

emulsion tube blues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emulsion tube blues

Anyone have a good source for the emulsion tubes and the little chrome looking jet tips? After taking my carbs apart so many times with no problems -- the last time I felt the need to way over tork the emulsion tubes and flatten/pancaked the the end which then sort of pancaked the little jet polished steel tips.

Local Suzuki guy says like about $30 for on and $18 or so the other. OUCH.

Thanks

get ahold of arsenic
    sigpic

Comment

or scotty

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

98+ carbs don't have emulsion tubes. They have needle jet holders and needle jets. The needle jet holder is the long tube thing, and the needle jet is the little polished "tip".

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
          or scotty
          You're not talking about me are you? I havent had a Katana for 3 years...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

OK. I think I trashed my jetholder and needle jet by overtorking them. When I set them out on a level surface and stacked one on the other -- each one was a bit crooked and distorted/distressed a bit at the rim on both where they meet.

So any suggestions on where to get some replacements at a good price? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwerman View Post
              OK. I think I trashed my jetholder and needle jet by overtorking them. When I set them out on a level surface and stacked one on the other -- each one was a bit crooked and distorted/distressed a bit at the rim on both where they meet.

Bikebandit or RonAyers if they arent discontinued yet.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

You mean one was convex and one concave? That is normal as it is how they seat on each other.

Tmod

Comment

I have them, but you don't need them. It's not possible to mess them up.

Comment

OK thanks to all --

Well, Good. If I can't mess them up -- then I at least roughed them up a bit. So -- moving on....

Comment

more on the tip and tube holder-

Arsenic

You said you had the chrome tips and the tube holders. I would like to buy four of each if you would part with them. For a 750 post98 kat (2006 version).
                      Also are there some generic black washers which could be bought easily and cheaply for the needle receiver and the main jet tube holder?

I had the bike running good on the FCPro Stage 1 kit --- then adjusted the valves -- which were mostly closed -- very small gaps. So, now it has a more noisey clatter but I think it is adjusted properly. But in the mean time by accelleration at about 3K - 4 K is surging -- seems way lean.

OK -- alot more I could say --

THanks for any reply on parts!

Gerald

Comment

1) So, now it has a more noisey clatter

2) but ... it is adjusted properly.
                        I suspect these are mutually exclusive statements. You need to be able to delete the "I think" part. On an 06 bike, properly adjusted valves should mean it absolutely sings. (That's not quite the case with my '92! ) They ARE small gaps - mine are set to 0.1 and 0.2 mm. What did you set them at?
                        Last edited by TRPUT; 12-18-2011, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I have 4 of the holder deals, that's no problem. But I don't have 4 of the needle jets. Not sure how many I have. I'll check later and get back to you.
                          See PM
                          Last edited by arsenic; 12-18-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Also are there some generic black washers which could be bought easily and cheaply for the needle receiver and the main jet tube holder?
                            Those aren't black washers. They are o-rings. Also, see PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X