Turbo Install

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any new updates?
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

No updates as of yet.. the pipes have been sent to get coated.. I have the clutch out of the bike right now.. looking into the 2nd gear issue.. I think it might be a linkage issue.. here's to hoping that is all it is.. not wanting to tear down the engine.

The holidays have kept me real busy not to mention all kinds of server problems at work.. keeping out late with no time to play.

No Dyno stats to start with... not able to make it down to the Dyno.. I'll get it dyno after the fact and compare to stock specs..

I think it will be real noticable..

Happy New Year
      misery loves company...

Comment

so ah whats the news and what are the specs on the turbo???
        i know of a ct-9 that is quite small and but for small boost applications that might be a good turbo too!

Comment

Bump I wanna turbo

whats the latest?

Comment

Did you drop the comprssion ratio. if you didnt I hope you dont expect your engine to last very long cause it wont. if you look at all of the forced induction engine they typically run a low compression ration sa well as nirous engines.
            The lord is the only passenger I ride with

Comment

Well he could be running some nitro or a ultra high octane leaded gas.

Comment

possible to include a bypass valve on these turbo setups? That would sound so cool, especially an TurboXS RFL bov. Scare the crap outta people

Comment

Okay, bringing the thread back from the dead, I would think there was some progress one way or another by now, gimmie the dirt!!!

(looking for a long winter project)

Comment

any new info on the turbo?
                    The Katana's Big Brother
                    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Just to add a little and bump this, I would think a notch or two cooler spark plug and a thicker head gasket to lower compression.

Given this is an air/oil cooled bike, I think the kats are not a prime candidate for turbo applications.
                      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

brining this back from the dead...

high c/r boost applications are great... much better off boost response (contrary to popular belive you aren't always boosting), it'll get you up to your boost threshold quicker, and make more ultamate power relative to the boost pressure...

there is just less room for error when tunning.... and you won't get the complete potential in power unless running higher octain fuel due to how you'll need to tune the ignition map's

for a basic understanding of turbos check out http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

to get a bit more in debth pick up corky bells book "maximum boost" there is also an older book that details more in boost ased around carbies that might work well for bikes due to the carbie thing which corky bell doesn't realy get into.

Comment

How about some pics? I would love to see how this turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                            How about some pics? I would love to see how this turned out.
                            amen... looked like a neat project

Comment

Agreed - you don't NEED to drop c/r in order to run forced induction, but if you don't you've got to pay a lot more attention to the tuning - things will break more quickly if you're sloppy.
                              ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                              Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Pictures don't work
                                The page cannot be displayed
                                An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Working...
                                X