X

Help with spark Plug placement/firing order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with spark Plug placement/firing order

Hello my son has bought a 94 Katana GSX600F he removed all the spark plug wires and dont know how to put the new ones on also he only got wires and no clips to hold the wires in place on the coils can anybody help me out here with wich wires go where and a place to get clips from? the mannual i am trying to use is the is the clymer suzuki katana 600 1988- 1996

Left coil is for 1 and 4 , right is for 2 & 3 . Are the leads still hooked up to the coiils ? THAT could be more of a problem than the plug wires I would think ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

no that is also part of the problem i was given a parts break down to where it all goes so im am going to try and figure it out from there but for right now all the plastic clips that hold the wires into the coil are broken.
      Attached Files

Comment

Alright , here's what I wrote down so I wouldn't mess up mine . Pre98 750 , but i THINK yours should be the same ...
        L coil o/w wire hooks up to cylinder 1 (if you follow my line of thinking here) , w hooks to #4 cylinder .
        R coil b/y wire goes to #3 , and w/o goes to #2 .
        Doesn't REALLY matter how you bolt on the coils . They can be with the writing up or down , doesn't matter , so long as you can get the wires to all reach . I have mine so the sparkplug wires face away from the bike . Hope that helps .

Comment

Also note that the clips can be broken and still work.
          They both wedge into the wire/coil and clip..

I broke mine and got them to hold just using the wedge.

Comment

I got it all hooked up right i hope have to wait for him to get home from work to see if it works...

Comment

well it didnt work just might mean there are other problems with it it did run before he messed with the pugs but it had an inconsistant idle. say in the coil for plugs 1 & 4 does it matter wich coil hole they are in??

Comment

1/4 shouldn't matter, but make sure you don't have 1/4 - 2/3 reversed (that pic is looking at it from the front, not like you're on it).

/kiba.
                find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Did you check the plugs ? Inconsistent idle could mean one or more of the plugs was bad or close to it .

Comment

I Checked the plugs and then held up the spark plug to the engine to see the spark and didnt get much and when it did it would only spark between the frame and end of plug nothing inbetween the electrode and the end of the plug so i'm pretty sure i am looking at bad or weak coils every once in a while it would backfire out the exaust......

Comment

Make sure the correct power wire is connected to the correct coil, that plug check sounds like a bad/fould plug. Check the power feed voltage at the coils while attempting to start needs to be 11v+ to start correctly.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                      X