X

1994 Katana Wont Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Katana Wont Start

I just purchased a bike and I was tricked into thinking the bike was fine. He rigged it up to make it to my house and that is where it's been ever since. After I got the bike home and tried to take it for a ride it wouldnt stay started unless I was rolling the throttle. It did this for about two days and it gave out on me while I was riding. I removed the gas tank and I am not sure what hoses need to be connected underneath. I have two hoses connected to the fuel petcock, but there is an outlet on the backside of the switch without a hose attached. The is also two other open outlets on the fuel tank, but no gas leaks out. Ive even disconnected the two attached to the fuel petcock and still no gas leaking out. What is the problem? I am a new rider and I am very disappointed that I cannot ride my bike.

1. Welcome!
    2. What year/cc bike do you have?

The 89-97 petcock has three ports, like you're describing. The one to the front provides fuel to the right pair of carbs, the one to the rear of the bike goes to the left pair of carbs and the one going towards the right side of the bike is a vacuum port and goes to the top of the right-most carb. Depending on which specific bike you've got it can go to different spots. The idea is that with the petcock set to PRI you should get fuel flow. With the petcock set to either RES or ON you should only get fuel flow when the bike is running. You can test by connecting a tube to that third port and sucking on it a little. When there's vacuum the fuel should start flowing out the other two ports.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97
      That hose on the left side that looks like a "J" kinda. That's the one that hooks up to the back of the petcock.
      It's a 94. 600 or 750, doesn't matter. The title of the post "1994 Katana won't start".

Comment

Its a 1994 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
        X