• Show
Clear All

• Motor swap info help

I have 99 750 katana and I wanna do a motor swap on it
    Nothing to crazy but I wanna do a gsxr 600 or 750 motor sawp and
    Need some info like wat year motor, transmission,wire harness ect
    I would have to get it off of. Plz dont bash me on this love th&t
    Kat motor but not enough for me.

Any oil cooled GSXR. There is a thread about this you know.....it's a sticky too. About two posts up from this one.

Comment

GSXR 600 has ALWAYS been water cooled. So, that swap is out. You can buy a GSXR 600 though.

Comment

I was reading it thanks for the info.
        I like the gsxr look but I love the hayabusa look much more.
        So my goal is to make the bike look good like the hayabusa and have the power of a
        Gsxr.

Comment

Comment

Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper_cell View Post
              I was reading it thanks for the info.
              I like the gsxr look but I love the hayabusa look much more.
              So my goal is to make the bike look good like the hayabusa and have the power of a
              Gsxr.
              My goal is to teach my dog how to write my school papers.

For the cost of making a Katana look like a Hayabusa and accelerate like even a GSXR600, you could easily buy yourself a Hayabusa...... unless of course you have a particular attachment to the oil cooled bikes (like I do).
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The katana is my first bike. I bought it for myself as a gift. I know I have along waysyo
                Go on everything I wanna do but at least I have a dream to do my
                Own thing. may take weeks ot months to do it but everyone starts somewhere right

Comment

Right. Just don't expect an old-tech, heavy, softly suspended, underpowered, long wheelbase bike like the Kat to perform like a modern sportbike. that's setting yourself up for an expensive disappointment. Realistically, the Kat is a great all-around bike, not a super-sport.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Keep the kat and buy an SS or busua. Your not going to make the kat as fast. Save the money for mods and you can get yourself another bike.
                    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

My first step is the motor swap which is the gsxr 750
                      Me and my brother will b doing everything so its alot cheaper then sending it
                      To a shop.
                      And ill know ehat exactly goes on and off the bike.
                      But thanks everyone for ur opinions

Comment

Just so you know, going from a Katana 750 to an oil-cooled GSXR engine 750 in the Kat frame isn't going to get you a whole bunch more power.

Not sure what the numbers are - 10hp-15hp maybe? not going to make your 500lb bike a monster by any means

Comment

The Katana 750 actually IS and 88-89 GSXR 750 engine with different cams.

Comment

Just put a 1127 in it.
                            GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Comment

Wat year did tge gsxr have the 1127??

Comment

Working...
                              X