X

Bike Idle starts low then goes very high

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Idle starts low then goes very high

Brand new rider, Yes I am a noob, didn't want a bike till I got a garage.. I got a garage so now I have a bike!!! I'm happy.. okay on to the problem...

I have a Katana 600, been practicing had a small incident a couple days ago, nothing major. Trying to take a left hand u turn and it was too tight for me and Hit/Ran over a cement parking block. No biggee i was going about 10-15 .. at the most.

After that there was a hose that was hanging under the bike after the incident, and the bike wouldn't stay on when i tried to start it. I found a connecting tubelike extension facing down under the bike that I put the hanging tube on and now it starts right up and stays started but here is the problem now.

When I start it, the bike idles around 1000-1500 and after a few seconds then jumps up to 4000 as if i'm on the throttle but I'm not. Any ideas on a fix?.. HELP!!!
    My Ideal woman (Indigo Rose).... she's beautiful even whens she's dirty, she lets me ride her all day and doesn't complain, and when I touch her she always screams....
    sigpic

BEFORE POSTING IN MECHANICS 101...please read...
    See post #6.

Comment

Oh.. I thought I added that. I have a 98 Katana 600 GSx600F. Thanks. I hope that's what you meant when you said see post 6.
      My Ideal woman (Indigo Rose).... she's beautiful even whens she's dirty, she lets me ride her all day and doesn't complain, and when I touch her she always screams....
      sigpic

Comment

Yes it was. Also, when you say "After that there was a hose that was hanging under the bike after the incident, and the bike wouldn't stay on when i tried to start it. I found a connecting tubelike extension facing down under the bike that I put the hanging tube on and now it starts right up and stays started but here is the problem now." Do you know how many hoses that could be? At least three. Posting pictures would help a lot.

Comment

Point well taken. I'll post the picture of the hose I'm talking about when I get home tonight. Thanks for replying so quickly.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll take a guess...

The airbox line that shuold be plugged off had the plug knocked off, causing the runing issue. Then finding the hose, you plugged it onto one of the carb overflow/vent lines... so not only is the airbox not really plugged off, but it's pulling the air through the carbs...

again... just a guess.

Airbox hose should be plugged, the other hoses are just drains/vents.

krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Here is the picture

Pictures.. Pictures.. I got pictures....okay.. whatcha think now?
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

That's the air box drain hose. One end needs to go to the air box, where you put it. The other end needs a cap on it. Kreylyn gets a gold star.

Comment

Now the other end was already attached to wherever it was coming from.. .. it's attached to something already. Do i still need to cap it?
                  sigpic

Comment

It shouldn't be attached to anything. It's just a drain hose. It attaches to the air box and hangs down with a cap on the other end. Post a picture of what the other end is attached to.

Comment

the other end was already attached at "c"

Alrightee then... pictures of where the other end was already attached when I noticed the loose end dangling. Maybe it was already dangling?.. not sure didn't notice it till after the incident.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm confused, I'm gonna stop now.

Comment

othere end attached already

here is the picture of where the other end was attached.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

You're arrow is pointing to a flat piece of aluminum.

Comment

Ok, so what is that hose with all the electrical tape on it hooked to?

The nipple on the airbox....that should have it's own hose that runs below the swingarm pivot and has a plug in the end of it. I have no idea what that other hose with electrical tape is, is that a gas tank vent hose?

Comment

Working...
                              X