X

Air / Fuel screws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air / Fuel screws

I know not again but one more time please. Is their an exact setting for these screws when bike is stock??? If so please hit me with i can't seem to get it dialed in right 1.75 get hestitaion between 4 and 5 grand and when I go to 2.5 get a pop here and their. Thanks

it should be 2.5, adjust from there. If you get "pops" at 2.5 turns out, you mean "pops" like through the exhaust on decel? Cause that means your mix is lean. Your mix should not be lean at 2.5 turns out, so something else is wrong.

Comment

Ok thanks I get a pop here or their at 2.5 but only after stoping at a stop sign then right as you rev up to pull out their is a small pop sometimes..

Comment

Just to make sure, do you have the stock exhaust and airbox/filter?
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yes bike is all stock.

Comment

Just saw your earlier post (posted while I was typing). If it's popping as you roll ON the throttle then either it's running rich (clean the air filter) or you've got a weak spark. How long have those spark plugs been in there?
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

plugs and airfilter where replaced in the summer. Evevryone said you should start at 2.5 turns when at 1.75 turns has hesatation between 4 and 5 grand.

Comment

You know there are 3 quarters of a turn between 1.75 and 2.5 right?

Comment

yes I know (lol). At two 2.25 the plugs porcelin is still white. Also when ajusted at 2.25 when choke is on the idle jumps up and down but the richer the a/f settings the smother the choke idle is.

Comment

Originally posted by snoop358 View Post
                    I know not again but one more time please. Is their an exact setting for these screws when bike is stock??? If so please hit me with i can't seem to get it dialed in right 1.75 get hestitaion between 4 and 5 grand and when I go to 2.5 get a pop here and their. Thanks
                    If you are talking about accelerating, your a/f screws have f***-all to do with what your bike is doing at 5k RPM. At those revs, you are depending on your pilot size (and cleanliness... check it out) if you are at light-mid throttle, and your needles/mains if you are getting on it.

If you are talking about at cruise (steady speed), then 2-2.5 with stock pilots should be about right, or about 1.5 if you jumped up a size (assuming a US model).
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Ok so I got the bike nice and warm then started from 2.5 turns out (#1 carb) started to go in by half a turn in it started to stumble. Went back out to 2.5 got better then went to 3 turns it seems to be nice and smooth and by 5 turns back to rpm loss. So I have settled on 3 turns any thoughts is 3 to much for a completely stock bike should I go back to 2.5?? Just need to ride it I guess and see how it runs.

Comment

Originally posted by snoop358 View Post
                        Ok so I got the bike nice and warm then started from 2.5 turns out (#1 carb) started to go in by half a turn in it started to stumble. Went back out to 2.5 got better then went to 3 turns it seems to be nice and smooth and by 5 turns back to rpm loss. So I have settled on 3 turns any thoughts is 3 to much for a completely stock bike should I go back to 2.5?? Just need to ride it I guess and see how it runs.

That's the proper way to set the a/f screws if you don't have an analyzer hooked up. In till it stumbles, out till it stumbles, set it half way between those 2 points.

In this case, doesn't matter what others tell you... the engine told you what it needs.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          That's the proper way to set the a/f screws if you don't have an analyzer hooked up. In till it stumbles, out till it stumbles, set it half way between those 2 points.

In this case, doesn't matter what others tell you... the engine told you what it needs.

Krey
                          I concur.

Comment

thanks guys for the help

Comment

Working...
                            X