X

airbox sealing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I use a RTV, I only use one. "the right stuff"

It is grey and I have seen it do amazing sealing jobs. Be forewarned it is almost impossible to remove and not cheap either, but I have had the best of luck with that.

I've tried ultra blue and other permatex garbage, but the right stuff is amazing.

Note, on the cheap. I had exterior cracking on the carb intake boots of my CX500 and I put a product called "seal all" on the outside of the boots to fill the cracks. It is like an epoxy, it worked good and hung on like it was meant to be. Again, cheap bike though. If it was a Ducati or something, there is no way in h3ll I would do a backyard trick like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      It's perfectly fine to use gasket sealer to seal the boots back to the airbox again. You only need to replace the boots if they are seriously deformed, cracked, have holes in them, or are hard and not flexable.

Even if you purchase new boots.... your gonna have to seal them on the airbox. Gasket sealer works just fine for it.

Take em off, clean them up, clean the airbox well, reseal them with gasket sealer. If that doesn't work, THEN... worry about replacing them.

Krey
      +1 i sealed my boots when i installed the fp jet kit;
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
      X