Upper & Lower Triple tree adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper & Lower Triple tree adjustment

Kat Fans,

I am almost done bringing my 92 kat back from the dead. She's got new electrical components, battery, fuses, ignition, paint and body work (to include rust removal ). The problem I'm encountering before reassembly is that I am unable to adjust the upper and lower triple trees back to their correct positions.

I have attempted to use bike stands and a floor jack to elevate the front in an effort to slide them up with no success (when using the jack, it will elevate the front only so far before the entire bike begins to rise ... ???). Does anyone have a surefire way to doing this so I can get it set, put the newly painted plastics and tank on an take this kitty on it's maiden rebirthed voyage. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by kob4lifentx View Post
    Kat Fans,

I am almost done bringing my 92 kat back from the dead. She's got new electrical components, battery, fuses, ignition, paint and body work (to include rust removal ). The problem I'm encountering before reassembly is that I am unable to adjust the upper and lower triple trees back to their correct positions.

I have attempted to use bike stands and a floor jack to elevate the front in an effort to slide them up with no success (when using the jack, it will elevate the front only so far before the entire bike begins to rise ... ???). Does anyone have a surefire way to doing this so I can get it set, put the newly painted plastics and tank on an take this kitty on it's maiden rebirthed voyage. Any help would be appreciated.
    You will have to raise the whole bike up. You can put it on blocks or some such to hold it steady.

I would advise that you do NOT ask your wife/girlfriend to hold it steady on the jack while you jerk the front end around. You might be able to get your end result that way but it will add a strain to the relationship, right Kreylyn?
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X