No announcement yet.
X

clutch slip bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan to, just for piece of mind tho and because i don't full understand how it works...if the wrong oil was put in an i drove the bike obviously the plates got wet. I only drove around the block and didn't let the clutch slip bad will i have any hope of it being ok or should i just order the clutch kit now?

Comment

It's a 50/50 shot.

Comment

well if i need to change the clutch plates is there a brand anyone would recommend for my 88

Comment

I would doubt that it damaged the plates. I would also doubt that the oil was responsible for the clutch slipping. If it only starts to engage with the lever most of the way out, then it's way out of adjustment. Using the wrong oil can make the clutch slip, but it's not likely to make itself noticed until you're really under power. If the oil made the clutch slip in normal, relaxed riding, then your clutch was bad anyway.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X