No announcement yet.
X

Oil leak - need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The harbor freight ones SUCK MAJOR ARSE. I have set of those. Do yourself a favor and invest in a good set of T-handles. you can go to www.snapon.com they have some good prices or you can go to sears and pick up some craftsman. Just do not waste your money on the harbor freight ones.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I picked up a set at Sears. Thought about the rotate out set, but given the position of some of the bolts, ended up buying the separate ones.

Was away from Thursday till late last night. Came home to a fair amount of oil under the bike; didn't have the energy to do anything last night. Am really considering chickening out and taking the bike to a mechanic today.

Comment

Originally posted by nurider
        I picked up a set at Sears. Thought about the rotate out set, but given the position of some of the bolts, ended up buying the separate ones.

Was away from Thursday till late last night. Came home to a fair amount of oil under the bike; didn't have the energy to do anything last night. Am really considering chickening out and taking the bike to a mechanic today.
        I do suggest that you take a look first though - it'll maybe take you 20-30 mins to get the fairings off the first time, and if you end up realizing that you can't fix the oil leak once you've found it you can tow it with the fairings off and save on mechanic time... and don't consider riding the bike to the mechanic before you know where the leak is at.

Good luck, just don't give up...
        - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
        X