X

My carb (pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My carb (pics)

Before you read on i know my carbs arnt clean, just trying to figure out if i have all the right pieces.

The bike is a 1997 Gsx600f Katana

Ok so ive taken my carbs apart as the the carbs 101 says to and i have a few questions about if i am missing anything or not, Im using the katwiki, the carbs 101, and a pdf mechanic manual (not sure which one) as my references. While reading all i get caught up in the wording of some thing like in the 101 reference it talks about "* Take note of the small rubber stoppers under the float assemblies. Take note as to HOW they remove. Are they SNUG fit? Or…did they practically fall out?". I did not see any rupper stoppers under the floats. I Now have everything disassembled with a few questions about if i am missing anything. All is labeled what i have questions about. the pieces are lined up how they were taken out.

1. Is there and O-ring that goes between the diaphragm boot and the carb body(im not talking about the vacuum port o-ring)?

2. What the little jet that unscrews from the airbox side?

3. Am i missing a piece in the A/F screw assymbly and is the assymbly in the right order?

If you see any other pieces i am missing or not in the right order please let me know.
    Thank you KRs

Attached Files
    Last edited by SU8ZERO; 08-03-2011, 03:11 PM.

Hard to see with the pics so small, but...

I don't see the plugs you need and should have. I also didn't see an oring for the a/f screw setup.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What plug are you talking about? and if theres sposed to be an oring on the af screw then that is missing.

and you can click or download the pic or attachment if you wanna see a bigger image, i was jus trying to keep it smaller for curticy

Comment

Answer #2. It's the pilot air jet.

Answer #3. Wrong order. It's screw, spring, washer, oring. Oring is a 3X1mm.

Answer #1. The diaphram is the seal for between the cap and carb body. It must be hole free, and have some stretch to it. If it feels like plastic (will deform and not spring back to shape) or it's got any holes at all (size of pin head even) then it must be fixed or replaced. Replaced is the best option. Holes can be sealed somewhat but it's not recomended by me.

As for the "plug"... it's a rubber plug that stops up the hole over the pilot jet. Fuel should feed the pilot jet from going into the main jet, through the emulsion tube, into a cross over port to feed under that plug. (look where the the pilot jet came out, you will see a small hole... this is where fuel feeds to the jet).

I suggest you check out the parts fiche for the carbs... it will have everything listed.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Awesome thanks krey, I feel by fixing these issues, rebuilding my carbs and adjusting them will finally let my bike start(along with changing my plug to whatever is recommended for stock)

And that plug your talking about is to completely cap off the pilot jet cavity(after the pilot jet is put in) right?

Comment

Originally posted by SU8ZERO View Post
            What plug are you talking about? and if theres sposed to be an oring on the af screw then that is missing.

and you can click or download the pic or attachment if you wanna see a bigger image, i was jus trying to keep it smaller for curticy
            O-ring for the A/F screw may still be in the carb body.....PITA to get out and look carefully!

Comment

And that plug your talking about is to completely cap off the pilot jet cavity(after the pilot jet is put in) right?

Yes, it should fit snug to seal fully. This is so fuel follows the route I listed to the pilot jet.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

Looked and no oring in the a/f cavity.
                And for the float needle all there is is a float needle with a clip on it and a lil pushrod at the bottom of the float needle, is that all ther is the the float assymbly besides the float orings?

Comment

Looked and no oring in the a/f cavity.
                  And for the float needle all there is is a float needle with a clip on it and a lil pushrod at the bottom of the float needle, is that all ther is the the float assymbly besides the float orings?

Yes... the little hook is put on the metal tab of the floats, the needle tip sits in the bottom rail portion.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Well I am now super stoked,Thank you so much
                    I now have a list of what im missing and what i need to replace, Have an image i edited that list everything inside my carbs in order for future reference. Not sure if anyone needs it but i will attach it just incase.

Thank yall and i feel now a few steps closer to getting my bike running.

Kinda sad cuz i have noone to hug but this will work for now
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well I am now super stoked,Thank you so much
                      I now have a list of what im missing and what i need to replace, Have an image i edited that list everything inside my carbs in order for future reference. Not sure if anyone needs it but i will attach it just incase.

Thank yall and i feel now a few steps closer to getting my bike running.

Kinda sad cuz i have noone to hug but this will work for now

Looks good at first glance.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                      X