I need some help.......This might take a while

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help.......This might take a while

Hello
    I am a proud owner of an 88 katana, I feel in love with the style and look when I first saw them. But i hav a problem, when I bought all that was missing was a hose that attached to an air filter per Ca. Laws. The component itself was removed hence no hose. I thought I could fix it. I bought the book and all but apprently there other things wrong with it. So took it to a mech. He did something to it now he says I need a new engine, Its not pulling enough air. I don't want to do that what are other options?

Well, you need to find out WHY it needs a new engine. Specific faults and parts that are bad. Is it only because of the emissions parts missing or are there other issues?

Comment

Sorry man, but that's a pretty ambiguous description. We can't really help you unless you tell us exactly what's going wrong.

Also, I'm not sure what it means when an engine is "not pulling enough air," unless that's a fancy way of saying it's running rich.

Comment

Maybe compression is low?
        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

My 91 750 has no CA emission equipment (removed by the PO of course..)

I doubt it needs a new engine, but 'not pulling enough air' is a bit vague.

"all that was missing was a hose that attached to an air filter per Ca. Laws"

There is the hose from the valve cover to the air box, nothing is 'attached' to the filter itself...

How about some nice clear images of the engine and the air box.. that would be a good start for us to try and help you out...
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

There's also a drain hose that connects to the bottom of the airbox

Comment

Working...
            X