X

I think I got the problem figured out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I got the problem figured out

My buddy dropped off his bandit 1200 at my place so I could rebuild his carbs for him (he didn't trust himself to do it and doesn't trust a shop). So I cleaned the carbs up, put in all new o-rings, made sure the float heights were correct, and have the A/F screws turned out 2 turns. The bike runs a lot better then it did when he first dropped it off, it actually starts and runs fairly good. The only problem I got is it bogs down in the 2,000-3,000 rpm range, its fine everywhere else. He had put in a K&N style drop in filter when he got the bike, and I think this is the problem I'm having. I just wanted to make sure before I go and pick up a stock air filter.

2k-3k rpm is the point where you're starting to come off the idle circuit and bringing in the mains. That transition relies on vacuum to raise the needles up, out of the mains. Without the restriction from the stock filter that's not going to happen as quickly as it should.

In short, I think you're spot-on.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

OK sweet thanks man, I just want to double check before I order anything.

And BTW, even though his bandit isn't running perfectly, it is still pretty damn fast. Guess this means I am going to be looking around for a B12 for the Kat this winter.

Comment

That or an 1100 Kat...

I went with the 1100 Kat and I really like the beast. It's a little older than my 750 was but it's way nice.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X