X

bad gas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad gas?

bought a 1990 GSX-F with dirty carbs a couple months ago, when i bought it i started it a couple times and it would run rough until idling/revving a bit at which point it with smooth out.

I've had it sitting for about 2 months and now it won't start, it gets on the verge of starting but will not.

Is it possible i need to change out the gasoline? can it go bad?

More likely you will need to clean/rebuild your carbs (and new gas). The carbs tend to get dirty pretty quick when you let the bike sit for some time.
    http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

because I don't have a sync tool, any idea the hour count from most bike mechanics to rebuild em?

Comment

I was quoted $85 by a mobile bike mechanic just to rebuild and bench sync if no parts needed.
        sigpic

Comment

Can build a sync tool for under $20 .
          When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Do it yourself. If you have any mechanical ability, then do it yourself. How mad would you be if you dropped $200 to have your carbs cleaned, and then it still didn't run? The only way to know that they are really clean is if you do the cleaning with your own hands.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X