X

Upto 70 and reset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upto 70 and reset

The other day on the expressway i sped up to 70 and that was all i hand after slletting go of the throttle and going wide open did i acelerate past 70 not sure what to do need helo!!!!

Originally posted by caligxr View Post
    The other day on the expressway i sped up to 70 and that was all i hand after slletting go of the throttle and going wide open did i acelerate past 70 not sure what to do need helo!!!!
    I'm not sure what your question or problem is here, could you be more specific?
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

with the throttle open all the way in 6 gear i could only speed up to 70mph but no where near redline after closing the throttle for a second or two and opening it all the way then i could speed up past 70.

i should be able to just run to redline in one smooth twist rite?
      Last edited by caligxr; 07-08-2011, 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Dirty carbs
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

with the throttle open all the way in 6 gear i could only speed up to 70mph but no where near redline after closing the throttle for a second or two and opening it all the way then i could speed up past 70.

i should be able to just run to redline in one smooth twist rite?
            Ok that is better.

So what year/cc bike do you have? Do you have stock airbox and exhaust? Have your carbs been jetted?

It sounds like to me that you are either getting too much air, ie pod air filters or too little fuel, inline fuel filter on a pre, or clogged filter on a post, clogged screen on the petcock or poor flow through it, ect.
            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

2000 600, stock pipe and not sure if the carbs have b een jetted i doubt it though since the exhaust is stock, stock air box

Comment

Was it just this one time or does it happen frequently?
                When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

2000 600, stock pipe and not sure if the carbs have b een jetted i doubt it though since the exhaust is stock, stock air box
                  Ok, you might wanna replace your inline fuel filter if you haven't for a while. While you have your filter off, use something to catch any gas out of the hose and turn your petcock to "prime" and make sure fuel free flows. If so, unplug the vacuum line from the carbs, turn the petcock to on and suck on the vacuum hose fuel should flow then as well.

Another thought, how much gas was in your tank? Might you have been low/near the reserve line.

The drop in acceleration until you let off and re twisted the throttle makes me suspect that you were experiencing a slightly impeded fuel flow issue.

sigpic

Comment

im going to say since i had it, since i just put it on the expressway this weekend for the first time.

Comment

Oh, tank vent might be blocked which isn't allowing fuel to flow to the carbs.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I will take a look at the tank vent as well thanx

Comment

Changed the inline filter and checked the tank vent still having the same problem
                          pls help it is a beautiful day and i want to get some saddle time in!!!!

Comment

put the petcock on prime, see if it occurs if it does, its a petcock/vac line issue
                            Pop the tank cap, see if it occurs.. if it does, its a tank vent issue.
                            check the bowl vent tubes.

if it does it regardless... might be time to check the carb floats.

See My Garage for mods...
                            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

im going to try that in a few minutes!!! hope i figure sumthin one way or the other
                              thx

Comment

Working...
                              X