X

Leaking Valves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Valves

I have 3 cylinder heads and all of them have a valve that leaks a little bit could you tell me an easy fix or where i can take it to get the valves redone in jacksonville florida???

A place that says "Suzuki" on the door. They sell motorcycles and what not. It won't be cheap though.

Comment

id rather stay away from a big dealership! like to find a small shop if possible.

Comment

Good luck with that one. Look for local engine machine shops.

Comment

Napa auto parts, 10 dollars cash for valve lapping compound, Prussian blue, and a valve lapping tool, then about 4 hours worth of time to do all three cylinder heads.

Comment

Yeah, don't bother to replace the oil seals. (leave that out did ya?)

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Yeah, don't bother to replace the oil seals. (leave that out did ya?)
              He said "fix leaking valves". He didn't say rebuilding my cylinder head.

Comment

Well, what are the valves leaking? Air or oil? If air, than yeah, lap the valves. If it's oil, than lap the valves all you want and when it still leaks replace the oil seals.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  Well, what are the valves leaking? Air or oil? If air, than yeah, lap the valves. If it's oil, than lap the valves all you want and when it still leaks replace the oil seals.
                  You dont need seals, ask my old Lincoln
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i did a test with the cylinder where soaked wd40 and pushed air through both sides of the cylinder and carb or exhaust port and slight lead come around the valve seat. i believe i need to get the valves redone.

Comment

Originally posted by srfrdudeo7 View Post
                      i did a test with the cylinder where soaked wd40 and pushed air through both sides of the cylinder and carb or exhaust port and slight lead come around the valve seat. i believe i need to get the valves redone.
                      What?
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ahhh....... interesting, but.......... Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Um, you test from the combustion chamber side, NOT the intake or exhaust port side. All you did was force the valve open slightly with air pressure. Did you do a compression leak down test before you ripped the head off?

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                          Ahhh....... interesting, but.......... Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
                          Only so far as the one to go with the other.
                          Last edited by 05RedKat600; 07-04-2011, 11:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

leak down showed that the valves were in fact leaking.

Comment

Well, if a leak down test showed the valves were leaking, than lap the valves. While you got the valves out replace the oil seals and you'll be golden. Warning, it's not exactly one of the easiest jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X