X

Oops, to much oil!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops, to much oil!!!!

my Kat was just a tad low on oil so I decided to top her off to the full line with oil. It was low enought I could bairly see any oil in the sight glass when upright. I added oil but accidentally put over the full line... I cranked her to see if it would drop it some and it didn't. Now she has light blue smoke coming out the exhaust. I know that is burnt oil. How bad did I screw up? Or will it just burn off? Or can I drain it without waisting to much???

its not the end of the world. been there done that, you can unscrew the drain bolt but dont screw it off completely. oil will start to come out. I would let it cool down do you dont burn your fingers.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Its going to blow up at any time.. I'll give you 100.00 for it

I'm just kidding .. I agree with mammut.
      Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

I did that once, and that was enough for me. That is why I now have a Fumoto valve in place of my drain bolt.

The powerful shopping cart software for web stores and e-commerce enabled stores is based on PHP5 with SQL database with highly configurable implementation based on templates

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks for the help. Im gonna drain it today after work. I just didn't know if I may have jacked my piston rings up for good or if the smoke will stop once I get it down.

Comment

it will stop , I assume you didnt run it too far so the plugs are probably ok too
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

No I ran it like two minutes on my drive way warming it up to go ride. I shut her down till I got more answers

Comment

Wait, something strange going on there.

Did you check the oil level with the bike running? (Don't do that!)
                How much oil did you add? It should always drop some while the engine is running and circulating the oil through the system, as opposed to all the oil just sitting in the oil pan.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Drain the oil and it will be sweet,shouldnt be any damage..
                  And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

i drained it down to right under the full line. she smoked for about 3 min after the cleared up thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X