X

idle/ carbs 101

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle/ carbs 101

hows eberyone doing? okay so i bought my first bike 91 gsx600f. i was posting in intro section thought i should move it over here.. i cleaned carbs and put back on bike. per the carbs 101 thread/sticky...by masterk i bwlive . i did the visual sync like he said. with the three holes on engine side of carbs. all carbs identical with half of the third hole showing(outer most hole twards engine.) i then put throttle cable back on and now butterfly moved as if im twisting throttle a tiny tiny bit.. so idle adjustment screw in no longer touching carbs bike idling at 4000 rpms n that is with adle screw adj screw all the turnd out. i needput slack in throttle cabl i think.idk. right not i have air/fuel screws turn out 1.75 im going to turn them out to 2.5 turns out ..is there away to put skack in throttle cable? so butterflies will close a little more. i tried to adjust cable but didnt help maybe didnt do it right. any ideas would help i want to ride ...had bike a couple weeks now n cant ride it yet...errr

Originally posted by mikey View Post
    hows eberyone doing? okay so i bought my first bike 91 gsx600f. i was posting in intro section thought i should move it over here.. i cleaned carbs and put back on bike. per the carbs 101 thread/sticky...by masterk i bwlive . i did the visual sync like he said. with the three holes on engine side of carbs. all carbs identical with half of the third hole showing(outer most hole twards engine.) i then put throttle cable back on and now butterfly moved as if im twisting throttle a tiny tiny bit.. so idle adjustment screw in no longer touching carbs bike idling at 4000 rpms n that is with adle screw adj screw all the turnd out. i needput slack in throttle cabl i think.idk. right not i have air/fuel screws turn out 1.75 im going to turn them out to 2.5 turns out ..is there away to put skack in throttle cable? so butterflies will close a little more. i tried to adjust cable but didnt help maybe didnt do it right. any ideas would help i want to ride ...had bike a couple weeks now n cant ride it yet...errr

There is a cable adjustment locking bolt/nut set real close to the handle bar for the throttle cable. You want to screw them together as much as possible to add slack.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X