X

arcenic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arcenic?

dose it matter how i adjust my valve or can i adjust them as the pushrod hits to lowest spot on my cam lobes

That's not how you spell arsenic. They have very specific clearances for valve adjustments. You need the correct feeler gauge. What are you asking?

Comment

Sorry for spelling,i have a .006 and .009 gauge and am going to do a valve adjustment.
      I was just asking if i can adjust my valves (any) as long as the push rod for the valve i am adjusting is at the lowest point on my cam lobes?

Comment

Just set the cams so that the lines on both cams are pointing out ward. Adjust the valves that aren't touching the cam lobes. Then move the cams so that the lines on both cams are pointing inward and adjust the remaining valves. The manual tells you that BTW. And "push rod" is the wrong word to use. This is a OHC engine. It doesn't use push rods. OHV engines do.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

You would do well to visit the service manual, as it is a pretty specific procedure. Not a hard one, but not one you want to half *** through.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I dont have the book for this bike sorry am ordering one tonite,so with the lines out i can adjust cylinder 3-4 and with the lines in i can do # 1-2

Comment

IDK, the ones that aren't touching the cam lobes, I highly doubt it's that order. 1 & 4 are on the same crank throw and 2 & 3 are on the same throw. You can DL the manual free here you know.

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Done.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by cloomis87 View Post
                    I dont have the book for this bike sorry am ordering one tonite,so with the lines out i can adjust cylinder 3-4 and with the lines in i can do # 1-2
                    No, this will be done in pairs. Intakes on one cylinder, exhaust on another, intakes on another, exhaust on another, etc.

DL the book, or click that link and read. For the sake of your bike. Please.

Comment

Reading threads like this make me wanna bash my head against the wall: That with all the resources available, the search function, people's good advice, there are people with very little mechanical sympathy that a)think the answers are simple b)want a simple answer and c)aren't ready to put some thinking and hard work into what they are trying to do. Props to Arsenic and everyone else for keeping their manners, I don't think I could.

Comment

You obviously didn't know me before.

Comment

I came around the time you were banned, which btw, I thought was bull and you always had solid answers. I know it is much easier to scold than to teach, and props to you for trying to teach people. It is also easier to be spoon fed than to actually learn on your own: Obviously a lot of people just want to be spoon fed.

Comment

You know the worst part about this thread? Dude didn't even spell my name right. For **** sake, what do I not post enough to know how to spell ARSENIC?

Comment

Remember you all were learning at one time or another. You weren't born with all this bike wisdom

I should join a cooking forum too
                              Maybe I'd see it from your point of view. LOL
                              93 Kat Sucati Made in Japoly

Comment

Working...
                              X