X

Rev Limiter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Limiter?

I bought a new katana 600 at the end of last season and noticed this year that it jumps back and doesnt continue to climb after 8500 rpms. this happens in all gears and when it is in neutral it will rev all the way up to 11500 rpms which is its redline. Can anyone help me out with this because im loosing a lot of power when it kicks back rights in the middle of my peak power band

Originally posted by helling View Post
    I bought a new katana 600 at the end of last season and noticed this year that it jumps back and doesnt continue to climb after 8500 rpms. this happens in all gears and when it is in neutral it will rev all the way up to 11500 rpms which is its redline. Can anyone help me out with this because im loosing a lot of power when it kicks back rights in the middle of my peak power band

The bad: I don't know specifically the issue your having.

The good: It's not a limiter issue. It's definately a problem that should not be doing that. Probably an electrical issue due to it only happening when under load.

A rev limiter would limit based upon the actual rpms, so would not matter under load or not... it would max the rpms the same each time.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks a lot! guess im going to have to have someone check it out

Comment

If it sat all winter, and you are just now riding it again, odds are good the carbs are dirty and need cleaned. They probably are a bit gummed up.

Comment

Working...
        X