X

I cleaned my carbs and my Kat still doesn't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cleaned my carbs and my Kat still doesn't start

Well I am bummed... I took my carbs apart cleaned the F out of them and put them back in and my bike still doesnt start. It idled for a few secs with the choke all the way open but then died.

I primed it for 30secs and then switched it to on.

A/f screw is set to 1.75 turns out

floats are sitting 14.6mm out
    I replaced my plugs too
    Haven't synced them because I couldn't even get it to idle.

I am lost. please help
    Last edited by 1swifthawaiian7; 06-26-2011, 12:33 AM.

Back the a/f screws out to 2.5 turns out. Also did you soak the carb bodies when you cleaned them? There are some really tiny passages that get gummed up in there blocking proper fuel flow.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Yeah, the A/F screw at 2.5 turns out is key.

Comment

2.5??? okay I will do that tomorrow. I soaked it and blew them out with 100psi air compressor..
        Jets wernt really even clogged. But I soaked them over night and took speaker wire to brush them out

thanks for the tip I will report back when I turn the screws. sounds like it isnt getting gas..

any other ideas

Comment

By chance, did you replace the spark plugs?

Comment

His first post says he did.
            Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Oh, than ya did never mind. That's what I get for not paying attention.

Comment

turned the a/f screws 2.5 out and still no start.. cranks like there is no tomorrow.. got it to idle really rough for like 5secs

then nothing... Frustrated I just want to ride

Comment

Welcome to doing your own carbs. This is the outcome 90% of the time. Don't feel bad.

Comment

jets wernt even that dirty. When I am running a temporary gas tank does it have to be above the bike?

Comment

Uuummm, yeah. Does gravity feed mean anything to you? You do understand the concept of gravity right?

Comment

my carbs are clean as F and now my bike will not even idle... and when it does its still really rough.. sounds like this still
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxckkppJmjA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxckkppJmjA[/ame]

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        Uuummm, yeah. Does gravity feed mean anything to you? You do understand the concept of gravity right?
                        Well F thats what I thought
                        Last edited by 1swifthawaiian7; 06-26-2011, 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'd pull the plugs and check for a spark on those cold cylinders just to be sure. I know it seems highly unlikely but it's quicker than redoing the carbs

Comment

plugs are brand new I havent even rode them yet.. But I will check plugs. Carbs were not even that dirty to begin with. I could see through all the jets. regardless I was ruthless while cleaning the S out of them...

I feel like its a fueling issue..like I said it will crank for days but no vroooom

Comment

Not gonna argue either way but my kat sounded exactly like yours does when I got it though it was only running on cyls 2 and 3 which I misdiagnosed as a faulty coil , turned out to be faulty CDI

Comment

Working...
                              X