X

A/F screws were only at 1/4 turn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/F screws were only at 1/4 turn?

In the carb-tuning process, we decided to drill out the brass plugs and see what the screws were set to. Each one was about 1/4 turn! We verified this by marking on the carb body before turning screws, and trying several times to see if they were stuck or something, but they were legitimately all about 1/4 turn out. What gives, I thought stock was 1.5 turns?

Stock is all over the board. Where ever they feel like putting them that day, that's where they are.

Comment

Oooh, so I could go straight to 2.5 then without issue?

Comment

yes, in fact it is recommended
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Good lord 2.5 turns is amazing :

Comment

Comment

Thats what she said
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

My experience as well on This PoS....
                Please disregard,We're Fine now.....
                Lovers Spat,it happens....
                Last edited by khatch; 06-30-2011, 09:33 PM. Reason: too negative

Comment

Free at Last..Free at Last...Lord God Almighty..Free at Last...
                  Krey (thanks for the invite btw)
                  I been working on my Kat for 3 months now. It Sat idle for 5 years.It was a mess ! Forks,Carbs,Chain,Tank...ect.
                  The last month I've been wrestlin with getting the Kat to idle. High speed rpm's were great but the Ol' girl would not idle. (yes I knew and read about Pilot Jets...ect) But thought after my 3 Carb Cleanings (self inflicted) they should be fine. They Were not! I took just the Pilots to Hendersonvile Daw-Kawa (also a Suzuki dealer) and The Tech cleaned them right-up for me. I had thought that only the bottom of them were critical and did not realize that in fact they have just a pin of light running thru them. Shoot,even a Bread tie wire will not penetrate that Tiny Hole.Dal-Kawa in Hendersonville,Nc hooked me-up on getting the Pilot Jets cleaned. Wait there's more...
                  Last night,after 6 or so Beers (OK,maybe 8),I drilled-out the brass caps on the A/F screws. Needless to say I 'Turned them-in all the way to the stops' so I had no idea where they originally where at the beginning.I backed them-out 2.5 turns but they were still protruding 1/8" thru the throttle body (which they were not from the Factory) Sooooo... I backed them-out to 3 turns to make them Flush with the Throttle body(prob. not the correct word but Ol' well,4 beers tonight in Celebration..) In all I backed-out #2 & #3, three full turns. For good measure,I backed-out #1 & #4, three and one/half turns. Go figure,She's running like a Champ and will have her on the road tomorrow. Thanks to All of You who has Posted and a Special Shout-out to 'Cyber Poet' as I read many of his Post years ago, and was Saddened to see his Passing as I've recently had to Re-learn all his Great Stuff again.
                  Be Safe on that Tail, Dog....
                  Talk to Ya soon, KHatch

Comment

:repost

Comment

And it's not even his thread.....

Comment

either is the other one he posted that same thing in.

Comment

Um,I thought by posting this info, it may HELP Someone else who was having the same problems as I. It appears some of You my need to get-out of the house a little more often...Hmm...how would one do that....

Comment

Originally posted by khatch View Post
                            Um,I thought by posting this info, it may HELP Someone else who was having the same problems as I. It appears some of You my need to get-out of the house a little more often...Hmm...how would one do that....
                            Don't be an ***. Your carbs aren't set correctly if you had to go 3.5 turns out unless you have an aftermarket jet kit. So your "advice" isn't really advice. Also, your help is just as helpful if you start your own thread.
                            Last edited by 05RedKat600; 07-02-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Really...Really....this is what Kat riders has become...Wow....It's like talking to a Bunch of 12 year olds. BTW,how old are you RedKat? Man, when I said and felt the Knowledge of Cyber Poet was the reason I was drawn here years ago,I truly meant it. Now it's just SAD...
                              Peace-out,
                              Khatch

BTW Red-D*** as of this moment,my Kat would Bury you before I'd got out of 3rd gear you ***.

Peace,Khatch
                              BTW, are you getting any Peace-fuzz yet,Oh you'll be so excited when you do...Trust me...MM..MM...Peace-fuzz...
                              Last edited by khatch; 07-02-2011, 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X