X

1988 kat 1100 wiring issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 kat 1100 wiring issue

recently while reassembling my revamped kat 1100, it will only run while holding in the start button, when i let go it dies. i have checked to make sure no wires are crossed and everything is where it should be regaurding wiring. any ideas on a fix or is there something i should be checking in regards to this..please and thankyou

begin with fuel. is it getting any? pilots, a/f screws, choke? "Revamped" as in how?
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Let's make sure we have this straight. When you try to start the bike you turn on the ignition, set the choke and press the starter button. Right?

Once the bike starts to catch you let go of the starter button as normal?

Then it just stops catching?

If that's the case, try turning up the idle adjuster some. Possible you just have it set too low to start. If you continue to hold the starter button, she starts up (overruning the starter motor) and then dies when you let go of the starter button then you may have something shorted out that's killing the ignition as soon as the circuit re-energizes. Does your headlight normally cut out when you start the bike? (My 92's doesn't.) If it does then check for a short in the headlight wiring.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

it seems that it is not a fuel issue as it will run as long as i hold the start button. I have also checked the coils and they seem to be live. im just wondering what circuit keeps the system firing after release of the start button.. what i did was built a chopper out of my katana motor. everything else seems to be fine unless im missing something im thinking about..

Comment

Working...
        X