Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Questions about breather and drain tubes....Down with Pod filters!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about breather and drain tubes....Down with Pod filters!

I am trying to get information on the two tubes that connect to the air box. That is the breather and drain tubes. Do I have to buy them from a dealer or reseller? Can I use any other type of automotive tubing and if so what would be the specifications for that?

Just curious when I bought the Kat it had POD filters and the PO also gave me the airbox. I have gone back and forth on whether to put the airbox back on. The PO said that the Kat is jetted but after having to correct small things that he changed and I am convinced that he more then likely did not jet the bike.

I plan on doing the jetting when I get a new exhaust, but I am hoping that this will help with how rough the Kat runs at time.
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

the upper hose is engine venting and bottom hose is drain. any oil resistant hose will work for vent and clear vinyl hose will work for drain.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Cool thanks
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

Kats never run well without the airbox. I think you will be far happier with it installed.

Comment

Untrue. Kat's with CV carbs never run well without the air box. Kat's with RS flat slides run fine with pod filters.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            Untrue. Kat's with CV carbs never run well without the air box. Kat's with RS flat slides run fine with pod filters.
            Whats a set worth anyway? I have no idea. I'll guess at $750?

Comment

I bought a brand new set of 40RS for something like $689. A stock Katana 600 uses 34RS, which would be cheaper. And that's new, I'm sure you can find them cheaper on eBay. The number is the size in mm's. So, I bought 40mm flat slides, the 34RS means 34mm.
              Last edited by arsenic; 06-18-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X