X

add HP for cheap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
    Mint condition and a Corbin seat have nothing to do with getting the same performance as an 1100 out of a 600 frame with 1127 motor. Insurance would be cheaper here for a 600 frame with 1100 motor. And what Scotty said as well.
    I am making the point of not cannibalizing a good bike. Taking the 1100 motor out of a perfect Kat 1100 to put into a Kat 600 is just plain stupid, it doesn't get any dumber than that.Handling? If you are concerned with handling, you wouldn't be riding a heavy steel framed bike. Plus, I don't see how adding a heavier motor to a 600 will help the handling. As for looks, the 1100 looks way better than the 600, has the classy looking power shield and doesn't look like a moose from the front.
    My kat 1100 still looks great parked next to my '11 C14. Got a kat 600? Those are cute little bikes- do they come with training wheels too?

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
      Handling? If you are concerned with handling, you wouldn't be riding a heavy steel framed bike.

Comment

As I recall your question was "do you think you can put $2000 into your bike and get the same performance as a 1100?" and I said yes I can. You don't have to canabalize a good condition bike to get the same engine. And are you sure the engine is heavier? I've never really looked into that so it's an honest question, not a sarcastic one. Seems to me if they are the same size but the 1127 has larger cylinders which means more metal removed inside then it would be a little lighter.
        Last edited by cintidude04; 05-30-2011, 09:32 PM.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Best answer...

Put an 1127 or bandit 1200 motor in it.

Or... spend nearly that much with gsxr cams, jetkit, exhaust, tuning for a very small gain.

A search of the site will give you more details on those options.

Krey
          +2 http://www.gsxrzone.com/enginekits.html

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
            you can probably get a used kat 1100 (like mine!) for $2000- do you think you can put $2000 into your bike and get the same performance as a 1100? Makes more sense to just buy a different bike. Have fun!
            As said, easily...... 2000 non-riding-season dollars could get an awful lot. A B12 with a dot head, a full exhaust.....maybe a set of well-used flatslides if you are really finding some craigslist gems. That would be a vicious setup in a 600 frame.

The 1100 might have the engine already, but it's also a solid 100lbs heavier, has a 4" longer wheelbase (even 2" longer than a Hayabusa, in fact!) and has limited choices in even semi-modern rubber due to its dinosaurish 16" wheels. Sure, if I was doing a cross-country tour, I'd probably choose the bike with the longer wheelbase and the power windscreen..... but since I ride for general commuting and backroads scratching, I'd have to say the modified 600 would be a better go.

In truth, though...... if you had a Katana 600 in decent shape, and were going to drop $2000 into it over the course of the winter in aims of going faster, you should probably just pick a different bike. Come off of the $3000-$3500 up front during the winter and pick up something faster, and then pawn off the Katana in the spring. 8-10 year old 600-class sportbikes go for $3500 all day in the winter, and are faster than your Katana would be with thousands in mods.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              and are faster than your Katana would be with thousands in mods.
              That describes like every bike every DESIGNED after 1993. The Tuna is based on a 1985 engine design.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                That describes like every bike every DESIGNED after 1993. The Tuna is based on a 1985 engine design.
                Suzuki definitely got their money's worth out of that one...... who else can run a 20 year span with the same basic engine architecture?
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I agree 100%. That doesn't mean that a Katana wasn't outdated in 1995.

Comment

Working...
                  X