X

Accel cables problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accel cables problems

Did a carb sync on the bike but now im having a hell of a time with the accelaration cables, it take a while return when i accel, any ideas?i moved the nobs by the handle and turn the cables by the carb to different settings i just cant get it right.

Accel is a name brand for spark plug wires. I thought this was a totally different thing. I really can't pin point you're issue, but I doubt it's a throttle cable.

Comment

Originally posted by HungLow View Post
      Did a carb sync on the bike but now im having a hell of a time with the accelaration cables, it take a while return when i accel, any ideas?i moved the nobs by the handle and turn the cables by the carb to different settings i just cant get it right.

Plural so I'm gonna assume post kat?

Take them loose from the carbs (both).

Set the adjustment at the throttle tight as possible.

Move the top nut up as high as it will go, and move the bottom nut down so that it will fit on the bracket, nut on either side. Put the throttle cable on. Slide it all the way down. Move the bottom nut up to lock in the underside, do NOT lock the top nut yet. Check your throttle on the bar, you shuold have 1/4" free travel/play before it moves the butterflies. If it's more than 1/4", screw the cable threaded portion out of the bottom nut moving it up, keep checking the throttle. Keep checking and adjust on the carbs moving the cable further out until you have 1/4" play on the throttle tube before it moves the carbs.

Once set, lock both nuts on the bracket in that position by tightening the top nut down on the bracket.

Check again you have 1/4" play.

Now set the return cable. You do this the same way as the prior, looking for 1/4" throttle play before it moves the carb throttle assembly the opposite way. Use your hand, and hold open the throttle on the assembly at the carbs. Use the throttle tube to "close" the throttle. You should have 1/4" turn before it pulls it closed on you. If more than that, adjust the cable as described for the other one until you have the 1/4" play.

Once both are set, you should be able to turn the throttle and let it go, allowing the butterflies to "snap" closed.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

lol acceleration you know what i meant, i got it it took alot of messing around but i got it finally, i think im gonna replace the cables soon anyways
        oh yeah is a 01 750

Comment

I think one of the issues here is the lack of realization that "words mean things". a great many people have spent a lot of time making sure things are named correctly, and that that name gets into the language and ends up as common parlance.
          the words you are looking for are "throttle cables"... using them will prevent misunderstandings

the other words people forget to add to posts around here are WHAT YEAR AND MODEL OF BIKE they are asking a question about.

people also forget to
          its free, its linked in the wiki, and is incredibly underutilized.
          DOWNLOAD IT TODAY!!!

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

yeah keep forgetting that on this forum your bike info doesnt apear on the left by your name

Comment

It does if you fill out your ****ing garage.

Comment

no **** didnt know maybe i will

Comment

Working...
                X