X

Drive Shaft and Shift Shaft Oil Seals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Shaft and Shift Shaft Oil Seals

OK guys - gotta be an easy way to do this. Surely???

93 750

Re Push rod seal (wasn't sold this one when I asked for ALL seals I might need ) - after removing the front sprocket and retainer plate, the manual simply says: "Lever out the old seal ..." Where? How? With what? Being careful not to ...?????

Found an earliet thread re the Shift Shaft Seal - suggestion made that more major surgery might be required to knock it out from the inside. I might be going insane, but the photos seem to show a new seal being inserted into an assembled casing but with the shaft missing. WTF???? Can't find a mention of the drive shaft seal.

I would like to think they can all be popped externally - anyone got some experience and clear advice???

Cheers.

You should be able to do it. Dig out the old one and clean the the mating surface making sure you didn't mar the surface. Oil the actual inner seal, I would use a tiny bit yamabond on the case surface. Drive it in carefully. Worst case scenario is it will still leak.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
    X