X

Spark plug help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug help

I over filled the my kat with oil. about 1/4 of a mile down the road it started smoking really bad. So I pulled over, got it back to my house. Call a really good mechanical friend. He suggested that drain the oil to where is should be, take out the spark plugs, clean them and all the oil where the spark plugs go, put them back, turn on my motorcycle to burn the rest of the oil in the exhaust, replace the spark plugs and oil. Then it should be ok.

I'm not very mechanically inclined and need some help.

I got the side fairing off. gas tank unsecured from the motorcycle but not the hoses and cables underneath. I cant find the shut off switch for the gas to remove the hoses. So I've been stuck.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
    Thanks.

there is no "shut off" switch. ON is technically off on the petcock. No fuel will flow without vacuum present.

Comment

Any advise on how to clean out oil deposits would be great. I vacuumed the plug hole and area, but grime and oil are inside on top of the plug. I don't want to drop any of that gunk into the cylinder when I pull the plug. Tried equivalent of a rag on a stick... no luck.
      The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
      -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Comment

Working...
      X