X

From Frustration to Relief!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Frustration to Relief!

So....after replacing carb bowl gaskets, o-rings, cleaning.....cleaning.....and cleaning, I couldn't get the bike to run, and when it did run it was on firing on one cylinder. After pulling apart the carbs and cleaning 3 times, I decided to thoroughly clean the spark plugs. Put everything back together and shazaam! bike runs better than I've ever heard it! I'm glad the patience paid off! When these guys on here tell you to clean your carbs well, CLEAN YOUR CARBS WELL!

The only problem I have when I took her down the road was that every time I would blip the throttle the RPMs would rev wayyyyy up and stay there for a bit. I have a carb sync tool now so I guess this should alleviate this problem?

Thanks for listening to my rambling, I am excited considering it's in the 80s here all week! Thanks to all the wonderful minds on Katriders.com that helped me get this bike up and running the RIGHT way! I will have pictures up shortly.
    "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
    Chris
    graphic designer | drummer
    2002 Katana 600
    Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

If your rpms are hanging when you chop the throttle you probably have an air leak. Check your vacuum caps to make sure you got them all back on (Make sure they all have clips to hold them.) but since you just re-installed, chances are the leak is at the airbox boots. They're a bit difficult to get back on there right. That's why we suggest you put the airbox on the carbs first and then put the carbs on the bike.

Other possibility is that your sync is WAY off but you should feel a lot of vibration if that's the case. If you bench-synced before installing the carbs you shouldn't be that far off.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Ok I'll run through those options. The carbs are clean so I guess the hard part is over.....for the most part, lol

Thanks!
      "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
      Chris
      graphic designer | drummer
      2002 Katana 600
      Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Working...
      X