X

Need HELP with throttle cable please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HELP with throttle cable please!

Hi, new member, great site. I just bought a 1990 750 Kat that was somewhat disassembled. Basically taken down to the carbs, plastics off, throttle and choke off, carbs loose, etc. I rebuilt the carbs and can't seem to see where the throttle cable attaches to the carb. I see where the end hooks, and can get it in but need a pic of where it actually mounts, or bolts to the carb body. It has a little tab where a screw goes but nothing seems to line up with it. I need to know how it is oriented. If someone could post some pics of how the cables and fuel/vac lines attach I would appreciate it! I didn't take it apart so I'm kinda flying blind!

Thanks!

A little late to be taking pictures tonight but once you get the cable end hooked up you pull on the cable housing until you can get the cable through the slot in the lug just above the bellcrank. (Where you hooked up the cable end.) The nut goes on the bottom of the lug and the threaded tube goes through the lug and into the nut. There's tabs on the bottom of the lug to grab the nut and keep it from turning while you tighten down the assembly.

It's easiest to do this before you attach the carbs to the head. Stand on the left side of the bike with the carb rack on its' right end while you hook up the cable end and then rotate the carbs as needed to get your fingers in there.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Comment

well come to the forum Jallen, sounds like you need a manual to get every thing back together!

Comment

On yours that a yellow zinc looking thing. It's identical to that, just a different color.

Comment

I read on here about threaded cable ends but mine is not threaded, it is smooth, and curved, with a little tab with a hole in it that slides on the curved part. I need to know where that tab goes to hold the cable tight. Arsenic I see where the cable end attaches, I need to know how it "mounts" or is secured to the carbs.

Thanks for the quick replies, I will take and post some pics tomorrow if I still don't have it figured out.

Comment

okay, first of all. The end your talking about, "it is smooth, and curved, with a little tab with a hole in it that slides on the curved part". That's the other side, that goes on the handle bar switch. You see that piece sticking out of the side of the carb by the cover? The cable goes in that with the lock nut on the cable below that piece.

Comment

Wow, don't I feel like an idiot! I'm sure it would help if I turned it around the right way! Like I said, I didn't take it apart, so cut me some slack!

Thanks for clearing this up for me. This is why I love forums like this!

Comment

Don't you love when the solution is easy?
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hey dude, that was cutting you some slack. If you had asked that same thing like 2 years ago, my response would have been quite different.

Originally posted by jallen28145 View Post
                    Like I said, I didn't take it apart, so cut me some slack!
                    Last edited by arsenic; 03-27-2011, 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah I know, and I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                      X