No announcement yet.
X

Are my carb jets correct for my setup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my carb jets correct for my setup?

Hi all. I was doing the valve adjustment on my Kat and decided to check out the carbs to see what idiocy the PO might have done in there. I'm not familiar with Kat jet sizes so I wanted to check with you folks to see what you think of the numbers.

Bike: 2001 Kat 600 (USA, non-CA)
    Mods: Stock except for Uni foam air filter
    Carbs: 1&4 jet size 115, 2&3 jet size 125, stock needles

According to the repair manual, the stock jets are 112.5 for 1&4 and 115 for 2&3. So the outside carbs are 2.5 bigger and the inside carbs are 10 bigger. Does that sound right? Thanks.

Uuumm, no their not. According to the manual they are 115 for 1 & 4 and 112.5 for 2 & 3.
    No that doesn't sound right even a little bit. And loose the Uni filter, I know certain members say it works fine, but in my opinion it does not. Use the OEM air filter and put the 112.5 jets where the 125 jets are. Check them again and make sure they actual are 125, I would bet they are 112.5

Comment

I bet arsenic is right, there'd be no reason that the PO would have done all that work and didn't upgrade the other two.

Comment

Ok, I guess I had a dyslexic moment. 1&4 are 115. 2&3 are 112.5, but one of them was distorted from a screwdriver so all I saw was 12.5 and read it as 125. So it seems my jets are stock, which also means they are lean. I'll take your advice and lose the Uni filter, but until I swap it out will it make me even leaner? Also, what are the recommended jets for a stock setup?

Comment

OEM jetting will work just fine for a stock set up. I recommend you back the a/f screws out to 2.5 turns out. While not necessary, you will achieve better overall performance with a Factory Pro jet kit. Also check the needles themselves. It's possible you already have a Factory Pro jet kit, as it uses Mikuni main jets. If the needles are adjustable, meaning they have different grooves for the e-clip, they are jet kit needles.
          Last edited by arsenic; 03-11-2011, 01:19 AM.

Comment

My needles only have a single groove cut at the top and they look just like the pics of the stock ones in carb 102. I went to Factory Pro's website and I saw lots of individual replacement parts but not a kit for my bike. Where should I look?

Thanks for all the help, btw.

Comment

CRB-S23-1.0, $139.95 right on their website. Also do a google search a metric ton of retailers carry that kit.

Comment

Working...
              X