Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Motorbike bogging down (strange behaviour)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorbike bogging down (strange behaviour)

The bike is a GSX750F 2002 Model.

Here is what happened during the last 2 days (before this the bike was fine). I had an oil leak so I jet washed the front of the engine to remove all the oil and I found the oil leak, it was on the *** . I fixed this by using JB Weld. 2 Days ago I was riding and I filled the bike up with petrol, riding home that day I heard the bike sound strange (beefier) it sounded borderline harley. The bike was also losing performance power and when I dropped the gear down the bike cut out... It started up after a few tick overs, and I continued my way home normally. Today the bike did the same, but it happened 5 times on the way home (the last time I had to use a booster pack as the battery had fulled drained due to the engine constantly ticking over and not starting). To get the bike started again I would have to put full choke on and keep my finger on the starter switch. I have no idea what the issue could be... I have checked the bike battery while revving to 3k, and I get 13.70 volts.

It is currently sat in the garage and will happily idle.. as well as rev healthy, it is strange..

Thanks for any info!

Perhaps a fueling problem. Is the petcock in good working order? Vac line from the carbs?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Perhaps a fueling problem. Is the petcock in good working order? Vac line from the carbs?

I will go outside now and check this (It is dark now so may time some time ) - How can I check the petcock? I will check the other lines now.

I also just noticed that my Fuel Guage was not displaying the fuel level and upon looking under the tank through the fairing I can see one wire is disconnected. Would this effect the bike? or simply just not show fuel and nothing else?

Thanks.

Comment

Fuel gauge won't affect flow.

It may be slightly messy to test, and you should probably get some rags. Take off the left side fairing, and remove a fuel line from the petcock. Switch the selector to "PRI" or PRIME and see if fuel flows freely.

Apply vacuum to the vacuum tube and see if it flows fuel freely.

Alternately, the next time the bike starts acting up switch it to PRI and see if that cures the issue. If so, it's petcock/vacuum related.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

fuel gauge

Originally posted by Callist View Post
          I will go outside now and check this (It is dark now so may time some time ) - How can I check the petcock? I will check the other lines now.

I also just noticed that my Fuel Guage was not displaying the fuel level and upon looking under the tank through the fairing I can see one wire is disconnected. Would this effect the bike? or simply just not show fuel and nothing else?

Thanks.

i dont think that wire will affect anything but the fuel gauge, mine did the same thing one time

Comment

you likely filled the plug wells with water and fouled the plugs

remove the caps, replace the plugs and spray the caps inside with wd-40
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

The bike just randomly cured itself.. perhaps it was a water issue.. strange.. Thanks for the advice though guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Callist View Post
                The bike just randomly cured itself.. perhaps it was a water issue.. strange.. Thanks for the advice though guys.

It probably dried out, wires get wet and short the spark to ground before it reaches the plug.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                X