X

Oil Leak - What part is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak - What part is this?

Im sorry I do not have a picture.. I cant find a picture showing this part of the engine either, so I cant label it! I will try to explain as best as I can.

I have had an oil leak which after a week or so drains the entire oil! The leak is coming from a strange small pipe that seems to be shaped as an 'S' and it is behind the manifold down pipes, above the oil filter and on the left side of the front of the engine (if looking at if from the front). It seems to join the upper part of the engine block to the lower. The leak was caused by what seemed to be a few pin hole cracks (possibly something hit my bike there?). I have applied some JB wled and I am hoping this will fix it, but any idea what this part is and if it is replaceable and how accessble it is to get to etc? Sorry if I am not making 100% sense, I can sitting in the middle of a lecture about Cryptography so my mind is everywhere as it is!

Thanks.

Oil drain tubes. They have orings at the top and bottom. This is the "low pressure" side of the oiling system. These tubes allow oil pumped up into the head to drain back down into the oil pan.

The part is called the oil pipe outlet. 16481-17D00.
    You'll also need the o-rings 2x 09280-22016
    And probably a head gasket as well... since you'll need to pull the head to replace them.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. Does that company delivery to the UK by any chance? I will have a look into it

Comment

No clue about UK delivery, but the Suzuki part #'s should get you what you need.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          No clue about UK delivery, but the Suzuki part #'s should get you what you need.
          Thanks, really appreciate the help

Comment

I fixed the issue of the oil leak by using some JB Weld, it is fine and has not been leaking again yet! Except.. I have now noticed the exact same pipe but on the otherside is leaking :S Why would they both have small pin holes like this?

Cheers.

Comment

The pipes are quite exposed, sitting at the front of the engine, maybe corrosion? That is, if it's the pipe that is leaking, and not the joint against the engine block and/or head (which is sealed with the o-rings steves mentioned).

For parts in the Euro region, you might want to check www.wemoto.com or www.cmsnl.com. I've used both of them, receiving good service from both.

Comment

Working...
              X