X

brake and clutch levers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake and clutch levers

Thinking about upgrading my levers on my 97. Not sure if there is a difference between pre levers and post?! The levers I want to put on are the short ones but they only come for the post. Any info is welcome.
    Ride it like you stole it!!!

MSGT ANDREI A. YOUNG
    U.S.M.C Semper Fidelis!!!!

Don't remember if there are any differences or not, but ASV ftw.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

you lost me with the ASV ftw?????

MSGT ANDREI A. YOUNG

Comment

AVS levers
        only $180 for a set of levers
        for what its worth the company is a bunch of useless *******s and thier products are overpriced for what you get.
        ive had to deal with them to get customers levers replaced and their customer service blows
        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 11-09-2010, 01:35 PM.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
          AVS levers
          for what its worth the company is a bunch of useless *******s and thier products are hugely overpriced for what you get.
          ive had to deal with them to get customers levers replaced and their customer service blows
          I have them on my RM and absolutely love them, but granted they came with the bike so I didn't shell out the $ for them.

Get levers replaced? How the hell did they manage to break one? I bailed off a tabletop and the bike landed in rocks, levers were fine.

I like the feel a lot better than the pazzos I've tried, even though the Pazzo set looks nicer it feels chincy to me.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Trust me Ive seen a LOT of folding levers break. Sure they dont break nearly as easily as a solid lever but they still break. With a 3 or 5 year warrenty they should be replaced with no questions. it took over a month to get one brake lever from them.
            Personally when I want to replace my Katana levers, I'll swap the Kat clutch for a GSXR pertch and then go buy some chinese adjustable ones off ebay. Cant be any worse then the cheap emgo ones I have on there now
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

Comment

I put pazzo levers on my sprint for the adjustment range. My stock, 4 position levers didn't have a comfortable spot.

After having had the pazzo's, I wouldn't want to ride without them again if I could avoid it
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

AVS levers
                Thanks for the info. I would hate to order a set if they wont fit on a pre. These are the ones I found on flea bay.

MSGT ANDREI A. YOUNG

Comment

Brake lever is the same fitment Pre and post Suzuki Part # 57420-32C00 and cross referenced on Ron Ayers. Also GSXR 600, and 750, TL1000 etc.

Clutch lever is 57620-19C01 and doesn't cross reference to any other years or makes.
                  You SHOULD however be able to swap out the perch with 57500-10D80 to swap the clutch lever, since as I recall the ENDS of the cables are exactly the same pre& post.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the clutch is the same, not sure about the brake though,

but yeah thats e bay levers I'll buy next. A friend of mine has then on his Busa and likes them
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

Comment

New levers here I come!!!!

MSGT ANDREI A. YOUNG

Comment

i have a set of those levers on the way for my winter rebuild. goodlooking, an helluva lot cheaper thanother aftermarket levers.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Chinese knockoff pazzos? Ew...

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Chinese knockoff pazzos? Ew...
                            Ew or not they are better then stock

Paying $200 or more for levers... that just silly IMO thats like 10-15% of the cost of the bike lol
                            maybe if I was single, living at home and working two jobs i would not mind blowing a crazy amount of cash on levers.

besides a canadian riders mag once tested grips and levers without telling the riders the brands and they could not tell the difference. some found the cheap ones better some liked the more costly ones.
                            Im sure durability is different between some that ar billet and some that are cast but other then slight shape differences, its a lever for %$@# sakes.
                            My VT600 has Chrome wide blade Kuryakyn levers to replace the OE aluminum. for a set they cost less then one OEM brake lever ($27)
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Ew or not they are better then stock

Paying $200 or more for levers... that just silly IMO thats like 10-15% of the cost of the bike lol
                              maybe if I was single, living at home and working two jobs i would not mind blowing a crazy amount of cash on levers.

besides a canadian riders mag once tested grips and levers without telling the riders the brands and they could not tell the difference. some found the cheap ones better some liked the more costly ones.
                              Im sure durability is different between some that ar billet and some that are cast but other then slight shape differences, its a lever for %$@# sakes.
                              My VT600 has Chrome wide blade Kuryakyn levers to replace the OE aluminum. for a set they cost less then one OEM brake lever ($27)
                              +1 not all of us were lucky enough to have a set of 200 dollar levers on our bikes when we got them, much less have that kinda extra doe to throw around, i just bought a replacement engine with wheels, new hel racing brake lines, new exhaust, ign advancer, shift kit so i dont really have a problem with buyin some off brand levers that you may scoff at. still 100x better than the broken stock ones i have held together with 100mile an hour tape an zip ties.
                              not meaning to sound like a d*ck, but it didnt seem like you had a problem sounding like one.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                              X