X

Bike dies On Idle.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike dies On Idle.

Hello I'm new to this forum I have a 1995 750 fighter that dies on idle. If I leave the choke on it runs fine If I put it in gear and try to ride it sounds like it is bogging and going to die, The bike was running fine, It all started on a ride home on the freeway. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas. I have heard a couple different things, such as fuel screen/ filter is clogged or dirty bad gas,, carbs are dirty but I would like to get more suggestions before just starting on anything. Thank you in advance i will be awaiting your replies.

i would say carbs. i have same problem with mine gonna clean them later today among other things then professionally retuned

Comment

same prob here
      http://geekonamotorcycle.wordpress.com

Stay hungry, Stay Foolish

Comment

I know everybody always says carbs, and it's always the last thing you want to hear....but....if I were you the first thing I would check is the pilot jets in your carbs. It's a cruel joke how easily these get clogged up. You should be able to see a full dot of sunlight through them when you hold them up to look through them. Once you've eliminated the pilot jets, you can go on further down the troubleshooting rabbit hole.

Comment

Working...
        X