X

Why the stumble 2-4k?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the stumble 2-4k?

I have a Kat 1100 with a FP kit, stock filter. If I give it a full open twist between 2-4k rpm, I get a slight stumble, then the bike goes fine. All other running situations are fine.
    I looked at the FP sheet and I believe it said to check float level. However, my bike is at 5K' and has the standard setting recomended by FP. So, I wondering if this is something that might because too large jet or maybe incorrect needle position.In other words, would the stumble disappear if I lowered the needle a notch?
    If that is the case, I'd prefer to just let it be as it is as I will be traveling the coast of CA next week and want optimum jetting for that, not for the two hours I spend in the mountains getting there.Plus, once the weather cools down, I want good jetting for that. It is 75 degrees now, but I do like to go for rides when it is freezing. So, is the stumble caused by incorrect float level, or incorrect needle position/main jet?
    I'd check out the floats/and or fart around with the needles, but I am swamped at work plus busy fixing crap on the bike (got a chain set and rear pad set coming this week that need to be installed).
Working...
X