X

petcock issue? maybe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock issue? maybe

i got a 90 katana 750, i cant get any fuel from the petcock. i just got the bike so i have never had it running. i took it off the tank and took it apart and everything looks ok. so i put it back together an put it on the tank but still nothing, no fuel flow from any setting! not sure what to do? i have the two hoses coming off the sides of the petcock going to supply the carbs with fuel, the one on the back of the petcock going to a vacume on carb #4. the little nipple on the bottom of the tank, and the one that is on the fuel sender for guage vented. am i doing something wrong?

well, i put a vacume on the small hose coming out of the rear of the petcock, and i got ful out of 1 of the hoses! but the bike is not running so there wont be a vacume if it was hooked up to the #4 carb. i have no free flow in the prime setting. not sure if that helps anybody. I think the petcock might be bad, but not 100%

Comment

probably needs a rebuild...maybe your tank vent is clogged causing a vacuum in the tank?

Comment

if i take the cap off the tank then will it flow (if the vent is clogged)?? ill try to push air thru the vents to make sure they are clear

Comment

well, after looking at it for 3 hours i figured out that the little metal piece in there was not moving the diaphram in prime! bent it back now it works fine! thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
          X